Answers to my questions about computers, the internet, and everything else.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

How do I insert a video into facebook?

Heres a question that has totally been under the radar:
How do I put a video onto facebook?

The book barely mentions this, but it is possible! Heres how you do it:

First things first, you must have the video already hosted by another website. So this means they are basically giving in to what the people want (post videos on their profile), rather than inspiring creativity like myspace might be doing by hosting their own videos. thats fine. I just wanted to point that out. maybe its better this way. its very clean here.

click on Posted Items on the left side
Now, you copy the URL of the video you want to insert into your profile.
paste that link into the Post a Link field on the right.

It will now appear on the Posted Items or Mini-feed section on your profile

These videos actually work well and look great on the site. kudos to facebook for making it simple like this.

also, I hear there are sites that have a button to “share on facebook” where you can share straight from their site. they use the word “partner” in the description, so that makes it sound boring. But look out for that.

You can press the share button to send the video to your friends too

also, they made a bookmarklet function. you install it by dragging the icon to your bar ( which is pretty cool actually ). I haven’t done it because I dont want any more crap on my machine. but this is just another option with this share function.

No comments:

Post a Comment